Things I’m loving
1. Creative kiddos. The Zoo put out a call for people to make giant “spiders” for a ZooBoo display they have planned and the girls got right on it, whipping up this shaggy purple spider with glow-in-the-dark eyes and slinky arms (they’re tied up to avoid tangling). If you’re taking your kiddos to ZooBoo, look for it on Monkey, er….Spider island. (If you’re not taking your kids and you want someone to take them for you, um….hit us up….we need a kid to take). 🙂
2. Guinea Pigs in disguise. I mean, if you’re going to waste money on costumes for pets, you can do worse than dressing up your pet Guinea Pigs, right? GUYS…he’s a little bumble bee….as if he could BE any cuter!
3. Autumn. It is the most beautiful time of the year in northwestern PA. Cool nights, fairly warm days, and ridiculously beautiful landscapes all around. I wish fall could last for four months.
4. Lauren’s new car. The girls sharing a car does not work when they go to different schools and with Lauren going back Oct. 20 (so they say), it was time to find her some wheels. We found a pretty nice Ford SUV for $3,500. It’s got rust and a lot of miles, but…it’s a sweet nice ride for a 17-year-old kid.
Things I’m not loving
1. The Y. I’m trying. I am. I’m trying to stay a member and support the Y, but damn, they make it hard. ALL I WANT TO DO is swim….for ONE hour. That’s it. But, I can’t. I can swim for 45 minutes….period. OH, I can book two hours, but then I must still GET OUT OF THE POOL after 45 minutes so that they can….I’m not sure….spray the handrails?! WTF?! I’m about done with the YMCA. I’m the only one using it…for about three hours a week — wait…correction — 135 minutes a week….and I’m paying $58 a month. BTW….rarely are there people waiting to get in the pool, so all of us that were IN the pool, just get back in. This. Is. Stupid.
2. THE ASSHOLE IN THE W.H. Need i say more? This jackass thinks he “beat” Covid because he’s that strong and powerful? Um…he’s a fat, obese, old man…..he “beat” it because he got the top-notch care and state-of-the-art treatments not available to anyone else, but of course that privileged piece of shit can’t see that. I cannot WAIT to vote his fat ass out of office.
3. Pollyannas. I left FB for two reasons: 1.) I watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix, and 2.) I am sick to death of Pollyanna friends who post about how we all need to get along because we are all entitled to our own opinions. Nope. You are not entitled to be a racist. That’s a deal breaker for me. And, if you support Trump, at the VERY LEAST, you support racism and we cannot be friends. Period. It’s a dealbreaker for me. Period. Fence-sitters piss me off. GET A SPINE AND PICK A SIDE.
“We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Wherever men and women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must – at that moment – become the center of the universe.” ―