Things I’m loving this week
1. Microwave Corn Bags. A dozen years ago, I bought a microwave heating bag at a kiosk in the mall. It’s filled with corn and covered in soft fabric and you throw it in the microwave for a few minutes and then, if you’re me, you layer it between your body and a blanket for extra warmth from, say, October to June. I love my cornbag. It’s a running joke in my household that I’m never far from my beloved corn bag. But it was starting to fray (the horror!) and….my kids kept stealing it. I was going to make some, but….you know..when? So…I found them on Etsy for $13 and bought one for every freezing woman in the house.
2. Chickpea Tomato Soup. I was skeptical about this soup because I don’t love-love chickpeas, but I had all the ingredients and it looked easy enough to make (it was), so I whipped up a batch on Sunday and…it not only met, but exceeded expectations.
3. Running to coffee shops. If you’re going to run on a cold, miserable, windy morning, it’s nice to finish at a coffee shop. This week, we ran 6th Street and then headed to Ember & Forge for some lattes and post-run convo.
Things I’m not loving this week
1. A leaky tub. I drew a bath the other day only to find a good portion of it in the basement later. Oi. Not good. Dan hates doing plumbing work, but he’s going to have to dig up his plumbing tools this weekend.
2. A vomit-y cat. This week, one of the cats threw up IN MY BOOTS and in the big full of bathing suits….and in about 35 other places in the house and this has GOT to stop. Vet appointment this afternoon cannot come soon enough!