Three things I’m loving this week
- Blackish. One of the funniest sitcoms to come along since Modern Family, which I also love. I don’t watch much TV, but I when I do, I’m all about shows that make me LOL.
2. Mums as race awards. Ignore my post-race make-up free squint-y face, I was super happy that we both won mums for placing in our age group at the Allegheny Swim & Dive 5-Miler in Meadville last week. If all races gave me seasonal flowers/landscaping plants, I’d probably be a much faster runner.
3. Smoked anything. I used to think everything cooked in the smoker tasted like fire. Then, I got Dan a couple smoking cookbooks for Christmas (this is the best one), he stepped up his game, and now I love it when he fires up the smoker.
Things I’m not loving this week
1. Shorter days. I don’t mind winter, but I hate the shortage of daylight. I’ve fallen asleep on the couch at 8:15 p.m. TWICE this week. If it were dark by then, I’d have been outside still gardening, biking, walking the dog, etc.
2. Those stupid Save Around coupon books. They’re impossible to sell because every school and sport and club in town is selling them. Also, most of the coupons inside are severely restricted (like last year, the Tim Horton’s coupons were only good at a location in Girard or something). Also…I hate using coupons — it makes me feel like a miser. I’m happy to support the PTOs fundraisers, but I’m not selling stuff. I’d rather just stroke a couple checks.
3. Hurricane Joaquin. While we’re far removed from the coast and the path of the hurricane, stupid Joaquin is sure to send plenty of rain our way, probably on Saturday…which is, of course, my Her Times 5K race. Leave it to Joaquin to rain on the ladies’ parade.