Things I’m loving this week
1. A bounty of berries. The red raspberry bushes Dan planted two years ago are so loaded that they broke the rope holding them upright and are laying on the grass, heavy with the weight of lots and lots of berries. At least all this rain has been good for something.
2. Family pool time. We’ve had far too little of it this year, but my favorite summer days are those spent around the pool with Dan & the girls.
Things I’m not loving this week
1. Prime Day. Amazon’s big Prime Day sale turned out to be a great big bust. It was what I suspected it was all along — a warehouse sale. They were just unloading all the overstock crap nobody wants and I didn’t even think the prices were clearing-the-shelves good. The tweets about #primeday however, are hilarious.
2. My inflamed esophagus. Here’s a tip: Never take pills without lots of water. If you do, particularly if you take doxycycline (a.k.a. the antibiotic from hell) and you toss it down with a handful of water before bed, you, too, could end up with an inflamed esophagus (pill got stuck…irritated the fragile esophagus lining) and spend a few nights trying to sleep sitting up (laying down makes it worse), massaging your chest pain, and gingerly and carefully trying to swallow down a lot of smoothies and soft foods.
3. My overflowing running shirt cabinet. Under Armour cold gear mock necks, long sleeve performance T-shirts, tank tops, short-sleeve tech shirts…. My running-tops cabinet has reached max capacity and I’m going to have to do something about it soon. The sad part is that this isn’t even my cotton t-shirts — those are in another area of the closet.