Three things I’m loving this week
1. OITNB is back! No, I’m not one of those who binged and watch the entire season of Orange is the New Black this weekend. I’m the kind that likes to pace myself, savor each episode and make them last. (And, yes, when I was a kid I still had chocolate Easter rabbits in August.)
2. Pool days. The pool’s open and the kids are swimming even though the water is still frigid and the weather hasn’t been cooperating. My favorite days are weekend afternoons spent poolside.
3. Fourmile creek. Trails, woods, water, swimming holes…we’ve got paradise in our own back yard.
Three things I’m not loving this week
1. Bear out back. Along with the trails, woods, water and swimming holes, word has it we’ve also got a black bear out back. No big deal, but I have a cat that goes outside and a dog that’s 20 pounds smaller than your average young bear.
2. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. And constant gray skies. This is getting really old.
3. Loss of my running mojo. I’ve been running long enough to know it happens, but…I’m in a real running slump, with little desire to actually run or set goals or do anything but lay poolside with and Us Weekly and a vodka and coke.