Things I’m loving this week
1. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. If you haven’t watched this new Netflix series written by the always-hilarious Tina Fey…you should. It’s clever, witty and definitely worth some of your screen/stream time.
3. The Erie Zoo is open again! The Erie Zoo is open again! The Erie Zoo is open again! While my kids are no longer toddlers, we still love the zoo. It’s a great way to spend an hour of family time on a sunny (almost) spring day….even if it is only 43 degrees (not that I’m complaining because 43 is better than 4).
4. Spring officially starts tomorrow! OK…yeah, I know it doesn’t actually arrive here in Erie till mid-May, but as of tomorrow — March 20 — the calendar will say spring and that’s something we can hold onto — a little ray of hope. Also….the ice is melting off our great lake.
Things I’m not loving this week
1. Shuttling two active kids, mostly single-handedly. Two kids in several activities every weeknight and one mom with a full-time job and a bad running habit = a scheduling nightmare. Thank god for nearby parents, a flexible work schedule, and gas that’s not over $3 a gallon right now. Sigh.
2. Skype. If I wanted people to see me after 8 p.m. at night, I’d put on makeup and a bra.
3. Email. Seems the more I clean out my inbox, the faster it fills right back up.