Three things I’m loving this week
1. Playing Clue. My kids have discovered my all-time favorite board game and, for once, I have people who will play with me. When I was a kid, my little brother wouldn’t play because I routinely kicked his ass. Same thing happened with the husband a decade later because, well….men aren’t all that perceptive. I guess you could say they don’t have a Clue (ba dum pum).
2. Dr. Rock’s 2014 mix. Every year in January, Erie Times-News’ Features reporter and music guru, Dave Richards a.k.a. Dr. Rock puts together a playlist of the best music from the year before. It’s an eclectic mix of rock, blues, folk, pop and country, complete with “liner notes” from the Doc himself who explains why each song made the cut. Though I left the newspaper years ago, I still always manage to get my hot little hands on a copy. I love it because it always expands my musical horizons.
3. The drive to the ski lodge. As long as the husband is behind the wheel and I’m safely sitting on the passenger’s side of the car with a magazine and my camera, I love the drive to the girls’ ski lessons at the Wilderness Lodge every Saturday afternoon.
Things I’m not loving this week
1. Squishy snow. Soft snow and/or slush is the worst kind of footing for winter running. It’s exhausting and futile. Like running in quicksand.
2. Fresh off the Boat. Kind of offensive and not funny. Not impressed ABC. Give us back The Goldbergs.