Three things I’m loving this week
1. Tessa. My friend, Jen, got a little dachshund puppy that is about the cutest thing on earth. While I’m not typically a big fan of little dogs (they’re often yappy, high-strung & they have Napoleon complexes), how could I not love this?
It’s like the snuggly lap cat I always wanted.
2. Steadfast Tattoo. Nope…didn’t get inked & I’m not planning to, but if I did, I’d go to Steadfast Tattoo on upper Peach Street. It’s an upscale parlor that is a far cry from the seedy, neon-painted sterotypical tattoo parlors you’ll find everywhere else. Jess Scutella who helps manage the place is a Behrend grad — undergrad and MBA.
3. My workout friends…again. I know I say this all the time, but…I love all my fitness-freak friends. This is the time of year when the cold temps and darkness can make it hard to stay motivated, but I’m fortunate to have lots of friends who invite me to sunrise workouts, Halloween runs, speed workouts, and long runs at the peninsula. Yes, kids, fitness CAN be fun.
Things I’m not loving this week
1. Dirty hair. I’m not sure there is a scent in the world more offensive to me than dirty hair. And my girls are in that stage…you know that one where they don’t want to shower.
2. VIPs. This is whole entire blog post in and of itself, but…I don’t belive in VIPs. There is no one — not a soul on this earth — that is more valuable than another. I don’t buy into the VIP thing and they don’t intimidate me because I’m not impressed by status, power, and/or wealth. Only character matters to me and you can’t buy that. I don’t, and won’t, bow down or feel inferior to anyone. I will treat the janitor with the same level of respect and kindness as I will the President of the company.
3. Falling back. We set our clocks back for Daylight Savings Time this weekend, which is great because we get an extra hour of sleep, but bad because it means it will be getting dark about 5 p.m. now. Sigh.