Three things I’m loving this week
1. The Fault in Our Stars. I read this book in less than a week because it’s the kind you can’t put down and it is YA fiction so it’s easy reading. As a writer, I really appreciated the character development and the banter between Hazel and Augustus. Now I want to see the movie, but I think I’ll wait until it is available at Redbox so I can cry at home alone.
2. Atlas gardening gloves. Hands-down (pun intended) the best gardening gloves on the market. I just bought a four-pack (they don’t last forever) and gave some to my mom because she was still wearing those awful, cheap, floppy cotton gloves that do nothing to protect your hands/nails from the soil. (I can’t stand dirt under my fingernails, etc.). You can find these locally at most garden supply stores — they come in small & extra small, too — so you can get a pair that fits tight enough to grab even the smallest of weeds.
3. My new kitchen cupboards. It’s happening. It’s finally happening!
Three things I’m not loving this week
1. Humidity. It makes me crabby and mean. And sweaty. I don’t like it.
2. Watering. I know I complain about this every year, but I really hate having to water the veggie gardens, especially because I almost never remember I need to do it until 10 p.m. This is why I don’t have hanging baskets this year — I hate watering them every day.
3. Kitchen detail shopping. Now that the cupboards are going in I need to (very soon): get a new dishwasher, microwave, and range; choose a sink; decide on a counter (and get it ordered); buy hardware for all the cabinets (those masking tape handles are only going to last so long) AND pick out flooring. Some people enjoy this kind of shopping. I’m not one of them.