Three things I’m loving this week
1. C9 Power Core capris. The older I get, the less I want to wear shorts when running because…well, gravity is a bi#$@. I love these Power Core tights from Target because they are super lightweight, making them a nice alternative to shorts/skorts when it’s not blazing hot (or even if it is). I bought them to do the Beast on the Bay last year because I didn’t want my knees uncovered (bare knees in an obstacle race = bloody, bruised knees).
2. This crew. There are not words. Well, there are…and I need to find the time to sit down and write them (and I will) because the whole Tough Mudder thing, while infinitely miserable weather- and footing-wise, was one of the coolest (and hardest) things I’ve ever done in my life. Before, during & shortly after the event I said…never again. “I’m a one-and-done!” But, already, a mere three days later, I’m thinking….well…maybe one more. I think it’s like childbirth where you sort of forget all the pain and misery. IF I did another one, it would ONLY be in the summer.
3. A long, obligation-free weekend. This Memorial Day weekend, most of our family is out of town and we have nothing…nothing…nada…on our social calendar except two “fun run” 5Ks (Erie Day School color run on Saturday, Glow Run on Sunday). You have no idea how happy this makes me because we can get some stuff accomplished at home (painting kitchen, mulching all the flower beds) and still have time for fun (zoo trip, bonfire, hiking, etc.)
4. An end to the same-sex marriage ban in PA. Using the constitution to legally discriminate against anyone is wrong. Thankfully even Pennsylvania is coming to its senses. And, for once, Gov. Corbett did the right thing.
Three things I’m not loving this week
1. Rabies vaccine shortage. I’ve been putting off taking the cats to the vet forever because our vet passed away and I wasn’t sure where I wanted to go and, let’s be honest, it’s not cheap to go to the vet. But, with both cats overdue for rabies vaccinations, I figured I’d better get their furry butts to the doc. On the day of my appt. they called to tell me they were out of rabies vaccine and it’s on backorder until June. Uh….if I were a vet (and this is a large practice), I think I might send someone to pick some up somewhere. They could drive across the country in less than a week.
2. Anything school related. Is it just me..or are you, too, just done with this school year? I can’t remember the last time I checked homework or packed a lunch or forced them to go to bed before 9 p.m. We’re sliding into home at Casa Cass.
3. Bunny begging. But we’ve already talked about that. (And the answer is still NO).