Things I’m loving this week
1. Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez’s Oscar acceptance speech. The writers of the much-beloved “Let it Go!” from the soundtrack of Frozen gave a wonderful speech. It’s adorable cute and then it become lump-in-your throat, write-it-down-so-you-don’t-forget good at the end when Kristen addresses their daughters.
Never let fear or shame keep you from celebrating the unique people that you are.
I may paint that on the girls’ bedroom walls so they see it every day. Heck, I should paint it on my bedroom wall, too.
Photo from MyRecipes.com
2. White Chili. I don’t like traditional chili, but I love white chili. This looks like a good recipe, but…I’ll be honest, I just use the recipe on the back of the McCormick’s White Chili packet and add onions, peppers, and other stuff I like.
3. Balsam vinegar & hot sauce as salad dressing. When I did the no-sugar detox recently, I needed an alternative to my beloved Buffalo Ranch salad dressing. I opted for oil & vinegar, then drizzled on some Frank’s Buffalo Wing sauce. I eventually stopped using the oil because it’s messy and, I found that I didn’t really need it anyway.
Things I’m not loving this week
1. Dry, cracked hands. Ugh. This winter needs to end.
2. Packing. I hate trying to figure out what to take, what to leave behind, and how to make it all fit in the fewest amount of suitcases, which weigh less than 50 pounds. And I have to do it times three for a family vacation.