Three things I’m loving this week
1. “Iron Jawed Angels.” Kelly and I finally had time to watch this DVD about women’s suffrage that I bought 3+ years ago. It follows political activists Alice Paul and Lucy Burns as they use peaceful and effective strategies, tactics, and dialogues to revolutionize the American feminist movement to grant women the right to vote. It was an HBO movie that was nominated for five Emmy awards in 2004.
2. The library. Always the solution to the “Mom, I’m bored” whine. A quick stop at the library equals hours of squabble-free bliss.
3. Sprint’s “Lizzy and Kim’s Call” commercial. James Earl Jones spitting phrases like “Hottie McHotterson” and “amazeballs” and “cray cray” makes me laugh every time. And you know I like simplicity right (like two guys in tuxes on a stage)?
Find out how Sprint landed Jones’ legendary voice and get a behind-the-scenes look at the commercial shoot here.
Here’s the commercial:
Three things I’m not loving this week
1. The SAHM life. I always think I’m going to accomplish incredible things when I have days off. You know…organize the closets, clean the basement, finally put pictures in the collage frame I bought three years ago. But…I’m unproductive and lazy when I have no routine, organized schedule, or compelling reason to get any work done.
2. Un-decorating the tree. I undecorated the house a few days after Christmas, but the tree is still up, twinkling and dropping pounds of needles every day. It’s annoying to match ornaments to boxes and I always do it alone because, of course, nobody is excited about un-decorating.
3. Caffeine withdrawl headaches. A constant distracting dull headache is nothing if not proof that caffeine is a drug. It’s also the reason I can’t seem to put together a decent blog post. Bear with me.