Things I’m loving this week
1. Academia. Every year, the university closes between Christmas & New Year’s Day. This year, I’m enjoying 14 days off for the cost of just 1 vacation day. Yes, it’s freaking awesome.
2. Reading and sleeping time. See No. 1 above. This is why I’ve had time to read and sleep. And, again, it’s freaking awesome.
3. Winter fires. There’s something supremely cool about warming your hands in front of a hot fire on a 30-degree day. Or is it just totally redneck? Whatevs.
Things I’m not loving this week
1. Indoor puddles. One of the worst things about owning a dog is wiping their feet (legs, chest, belly) when they come in on a wet day. Last week’s mud was awful, but snow doesn’t bring much relief as snowballs collect between his toes and then melt all over the house. Cold, wet socks = irate Heather.
2. Filling both sides of the sink with dirty dishes. This drives me insane because then there I have no open sink to rinse or dump anything. I have warned Dan a few times. Bodily harm is next.
3. Wet dishrags in the bottom on the sink. I have a superhuman power – I can smell a dirty dishrag from a mile away. Seriously. It’s revolting. They get that way because they are left sopping wet. Along those lines, I absolutely despise having to wring out a cold, wet dishrag. (Sensing a theme here? Cold + wet = bad!).