Things I’m loving this week
1. Presque Isle Brass & Woodwind. Lauren dropped her flute and, apparently, bent a few keys. I dreaded a trip to World of Music. Maybe it’s just me, but every time I go in there I feel like my very presence is clearly annoying the moody girl behind the counter. So I asked a friend if there was another place — any other place — in town that repairs instruments.
I stopped by at lunch time and they were so kind. The guy who helped me immediately identified the problem and told me it would cost $47 to repair (a bargain, in my book). I mentioned that Lauren had her band concert on Thursday, but that it would be fine if the repair took longer because her teacher gave her a loaner. When I got home from work at 4 p.m., he had called to say it was fixed and ready to be picked up. He wanted her to have it for her concert. (Awww…..).
While I hope Lauren’s flute doesn’t NEED anymore repairs, if it does, I know where I’m going.
2. My dog. He’s a good boy. And he never talks back or rolls his eyes and he loves constantly and unconditionally, which is more than I can say for the cats and kids in my house. I’m still not a big dog-lover, but…I’m a big Sam lover. (Don’t tell the cats, or there will surely be hell to pay).
3. Romolo Chocolates. Damn my running friends for introducing me to this suger–spun house of chocolate sin. Hey….wait….maybe this is an attempt to slow me down. (I’m on to you, b@#$^s).
Things I’m not loving this week
1. A jam-packed schedule. Nothing stresses me out more than seeing big colored blocks on my calendar every single night of the week, even when it is stuff I want to do.
2. My lack of family photos. Perhaps you noticed I have a new blog header photo. I accidentally deleted the old one and can’t find it anymore. It was long past due to be updated and I’ve been wanting to do so for at least a couple years now, but…since Dan or I are always the ones behind the camera, we have very few photos with all four of us in them. Or, we’re standing and he — at nearly 6 feet — towers above us all, so it won’t work in a horizontal photo slot. *sigh* First-world blogger problems, I know. One of these days I hope to actually book one of my photographer friends to come take some real photos of us.
3. Paying shipping. Why is this such a thing for me? They could bury that cost in the price of the item and totally deceive me and I’ll buy it (and think I got a deal). But…tacking shipping onto the end of my order just irritates me and I usually click off. I’m spoiled, I know.