Three things I’m loving this week
1. External hard drives and relatives in IT. So our desktop PC died without warning. Isn’t that how it always is? But the sudden death of our PC was made less painful by the fact that I had stored all our photos and music on an external hard drive. Score one for me.
I had not, however, backed up the files and data on the computer in…ok…well, ever. Fortunately I have a sister-in-law in the IT profession who was able to recover it from my dead PC for me.
2. Armadillo eggs. Dan came home from hunting camp without a deer, but he brought me a whole sandwich bag full of leftover smoked armadillo eggs (banana peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in a piece of bacon), which are almost as good as 80 lbs. of organic grass-fed meat (but not quite. Try harder, mighty hunter).
3. Winter reprieves. I like winter and I like the pretty snow and the refreshing cold, but a nice reprieve every once in a while — like the string of 45+ degree days we had this week — is a welcome surprise (and it’s perfect running weather).
Three things I’m not loving this week
1. Amazon’s drone news. The Amazon-shopping wh#$@ in me thinks, “Yay, packages in a 1/2 hour! Awesome!” and the skeptic in me snorts, “yeah, right…like that will ever happen.” But, in general, the whole thing kinda freaks me out. No immediate worries though because we are nowhere near an Amazon distribution center.
2. Christmas shopping. And…really, most of Christmas. But….you already know that about me, right? (Though Amazon does make the shopping part a little more bearable).
3. Consumerism. Says the girl who just got done worshiping Amazon…not just once, but twice. I do see the irony…believe me.