Three things I’m loving this week
1. Wasabi Peas. I love the nutty crunch and the temporary burn, but mostly I just love to say wasabi. Go ahead…try it. BTW, if you’ve ever wondered what wasabi is (and why it hurts so good), it is Japanese horseradish.
2. www.tellingdad.com. I’ve always wondered why there were no daddy bloggers. Telling Dad is hysterical. Don’t miss “The Children’s Museum Would’ve Been Awesome. If It Hadn’t been for the Children,” “Premature Carjackulation” and “Babysitting Barbie.”
3. Artsy bike racks. The Erie Art Museum is currently soliciting artists to design unique, artistic bike racks (like the ones above) to be placed all over downtown Erie. More info here. I can’t wait to see what they come up with.
Kudos to the Erie Art Museum, Gannon University, Erie Downtown Partnership, the YMCA and other organizations who want to make our world a better place by infusing it with art, encouraging people to exercise, and saving the environment (more bikers means fewer motorists burning fossil fuels).
Three things I’m not loving this week
1. The dog begging. Kelly’s quest for a canine has reached epic proportions, fueled by my husband who has been bugging for one for years now. They’ve already been to the shelter once (all the puppies were gone…phew!). I may have won a few battles, but, clearly, I have lost this war.
2. Food wrappers stuffed in, around and under furniture. It’s like I live with squirrels.
3. The hub-bub over Angelina’s right leg. Angelina Jolie is an influential philanthropist and an internationally respected humanitarian who has adopted three children. She and Brad Pitt donate millions to charities through the Jolie-Pitt Foundation…and we all focus on her right leg? I know, I know…people are still mad at her for stealing Jenny’s man, but get over it. Cut the woman some slack. I can’t imagine what it must be like to live with such scrutiny every single day.